Nillumbik Shire Council is a member of a consortium (with Whittlesea and Hume Councils) to provide inclusion support to eligible child care centres. Our Inclusion Support Facilitator promotes and supports the inclusion of children with additional needs into commonwealth funded programs such as long day care, vacation care, outside school hours care, occasional care and family day care.
The role of the Inclusion Support Facilitator is to:
- Facilitate active participation of all children
- Provide direct support and consultation around inclusive practices
- Assist child care staff to identify their training needs
- Assist services to link with relevant community groups, services and organisations
- Assist services to access funding through the Inclusion Support Subsidy (ISS) or Flexible Support Funding (FSF).
Eligible services can access the support of the Inclusion Support Facilitator for children who are experiencing difficulty in the program, children who are undergoing assessment or who have a diagnosed physical, sensory, neurological, intellectual or developmental delay or children from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, South Seas Islander or culturally and linguistically diverse background. Services will be asked to complete a Children's Services Support Request Form. You can download a copy of the form from the link at the bottom of this page and send it to the Inclusion Support Officer via the methods detailed in the form. The Inclusion Support Facilitator is only able to directly support a child within a service with parent / guardian permission.
For more information contact our Inclusion Support Facilitator, Anne Brooks on 9433 3145 or email Anne.