Pit Stop is an eight week parenting program for fathers. The program is aimed at fathers with children aged between newborn and eight years and is presented in a way that integrates humour and light-heartedness with lots of opportunities for individual and group discussions.
Over the eight weeks, the program will cover topics such as:
- why dads matter to children
- developing a parenting style
- improving family communication and closeness
- steering children through stressful stages
- appropriate and effective discipline techniques
- balancing life, work and family
- working as a team
- identifying and implementing change
The program is held in the evenings and run once per year. The next program is scheduled to run in Nillumbik in 2013. The cost is $50 per participant.
For more information or to register your interest in attending the next program, contact Narelle Hart on 9433 3135 or email Nillumbik Family & Children's Services.