- Do you feel isolated?
- Would you like to feel more connected to other mums?
- Do you feel anxious?
- Would you like to learn strategies to manage stress?
- Do you feel sad, tired or anxious?
- Would you like strategies to help you feel good about yourself as a mother?
If you answered yes to these questions then this group could help. It aims to provide a supportive environment and opportunity for you to meet other women dealing with similar challenges. It will support you to focus on your own wellbeing, develop strategies to manage stress and feel good about yourself as a mother. Topics covered include:
- Journey to and through motherhood
- Expectations of self and others
- Relationships and communicating with others
- Practical help and understanding emotional wellbeing
- Developing support networks
- Managing anxiety
- Adjustment to parenthood
- Meditation and relaxation
- Art therapy
The wellbeing group is held weekly in Eltham during school terms on Friday mornings and is facilitated by a qualified counsellor with experience in post natal depression and anxiety. The cost is by gold coin donation on arrival.
As this group focuses on you as a mother it is preferred that children don't attend, however young children may attend if child care is not an option. For more information about this group or to register your attendance, please phone Nillumbik Community Health Service, on 9430 9100 or go to their website from the link below.